Researchers and practitioners from around the world are invited to submit session proposals and/or individual abstracts for presentation or posters. The submission system opens on August 30, 2022. Researchers and practitioners are welcome to propose full sessions and/or individual abstracts until November 28, 2022. Participation will be possible both in-person and online. During the submission process, individuals submitting proposals/abstracts will be asked to indicate whether they intend to participate on-site or online and which of the conference (sub)themes fits best for their submission (up to three themes can be selected/see call for participation tabs for (sub)themes). Session proposals/abstracts that are not aligned with any of the themed sessions are also welcome. All session proposals and individual abstracts will be reviewed by members of an International Scientific Committee listed on the conference website.
SESSION PROPOSALS can be for (i) academic sessions or (ii) dialogue-debate sessions. Proposals should be 300-500 words long and propose a coherent-themed session lasting either 60 minutes or 90 minutes. Each proposal should speak to (a) what topic/question the session is focused on, (b) why it is relevant for sustainable consumption production (SCP) / the conference themes, and (c) what the specific perspectives are that the session is conveying.
- Academic sessions: Presentation and discussion of original research. A full line-up of individual speakers and discussant(s) should be included in the session proposal. The academic research presentations of each speaker and discussant lined up for the session do not need to be included in the session proposal, but the speakers and discussant(s) need to submit an abstract separately indicating it is part of an academic session alongside the name of the session. This can be done via the submission system. Academic research sessions can be part of the special issue track (see below). Session organizers may choose whether or not they wish to organize their session as a full paper session (for which presenters submit a full paper prior to the conference) or a presentation-only session (for which presenters do not submit full papers in advance).
- Dialogue-debate sessions: Discussion and debate around a particular thematic focus, integrating research and practice. These sessions can take a variety of innovative formats as proposed by the session conveners. This includes creative/innovative/interactive sessions, world café-style dialogues, a series of short lightning / Pecha Kucha talks, work studios, etc.; In addition to the required elements of a session proposal (see a, b, and c above), the format/flow of the session should be clearly described. The conference organizers provide additional information/inspiration on possible formats on the conference website.
INDIVIDUAL PRESENTATION PROPOSALS can be for (i) academic abstracts (ii) practitioner abstracts. They should be 300-500 words long, include a title, and list the names, institutional affiliations, city and country addresses, and emails of co-authors. Irrespective of the type of submission, author(s) are asked to indicate if the submission is part of a session proposal and if the submission is intended for an oral presentation or as a poster presentation.
- Academic abstracts: should include information on the following aspects: (a) Problem statement, research questions/aim, theoretical approach, methods/inquiry approach, findings, conclusions, and practical and scientific implications. References can, but do not have to, be included. Submitters of academic research abstracts are asked whether or not they want their submission to be part of the special issue track (see below).
- Practitioner abstracts: should describe the purpose of the project as related to SCP, and the problem it sought or seeks to address. It should describe the main features of the project, its strengths and limitations, the potential for scalability, and its contribution to understanding how to transition toward sustainable production-consumption systems.
Special issue track: The conference organizers are planning to organize special issues in peer-reviewed academic journals. Individuals or session organizers interested in submitting their paper(s) to one of the special issues can indicate this during the submission process. It is intended to have dedicated full paper sessions at the conference where full conference papers will be circulated in advance and discussed to provide feedback to the authors that they can use to revise their conference papers for submission to the special issue. Participants interested in submitting a full paper to a special issue will be asked to submit their full conference paper by May 30, 2023, so that conference participants and session discussants have the opportunity to read the paper before the conference. Please note that this only applies to individuals or session organizers interested in submitting full paper(s) to the special issue track. For all other submissions, no full paper is required.
All session proposals and individual abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee using the following criteria:
- Originality/Novelty: contribution to existing knowledge or novelty of knowledge application/utilization
- Relevance/Focus: contribution to the conference theme and sustainable consumption and production research
- Quality/Comprehensibility: clarity of inquiry approach and findings/conclusions derived
To submit you contribution go to the following link: https://www.scp-conference-2023.com/web/author
You will be asked to fill in your name with your email address. You will receive an email with a specific link to your author account. In your author account you can submit new contributions and see all contributions you submitted. Please save/bookmark the link to your account as this will facilitate its access.
SCP23: SCORAI-ERSCP-WUR Conference "Transforming consumption-production systems toward just and sustainable futures" (July 5-8, 2023, in Wageningen)Registration website for SCP23: SCORAI-ERSCP-WUR Conference "Transforming consumption-production systems toward just and sustainable futures" (July 5-8, 2023, in Wageningen)
SCP23: SCORAI-ERSCP-WUR Conference "Transforming consumption-production systems toward just and sustainable futures" (July 5-8, 2023, in Wageningen)firstname.lastname@example.org
SCP23: SCORAI-ERSCP-WUR Conference "Transforming consumption-production systems toward just and sustainable futures" (July 5-8, 2023, in Wageningen)email@example.com://www.scp-conference-2023.com/web
SCP23: SCORAI-ERSCP-WUR Conference "Transforming consumption-production systems toward just and sustainable futures" (July 5-8, 2023, in Wageningen)SCP23: SCORAI-ERSCP-WUR Conference "Transforming consumption-production systems toward just and sustainable futures" (July 5-8, 2023, in Wageningen)0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Wageningen University & ResearchWageningen University & ResearchHoge Steeg 2 6708 PB Wageningen Netherlands